What is Hair Weaving?
These days, women are enjoying the fun and also flexibility that comes with wearing weaves and hair extensions. No longer does a woman need to wait a long time for her hair to grow out. Not to mention, with each passing day, technology is delivering newer and a lot more realistic techniques to offer the best all natural look possible; in the blink of an eye, a woman can go from the quick and sassy,closely cropped style by just day to sizzling, shoulder length flowing tresses that would certainly let you to look twice at that mirror. How is this attainable?
Track (weft) Weaving techniques
Weaves or weft hair are sewn onto tracks. The stylist will cornrow the customer’s hair and also sew the track onto the actual cornrow. This really is popular. This may last a long time or up to eight weeks depending upon recent growth at which time tightening or re-braiding the client’s hair could be done. There’s several room for ingenuity depending on the technique put to use in sewing. A side area style could be obtained using the braids placed leaving a part on the side, or even a pony-tail style could be attained by using the braids placed higher up upon the client’s head leaving her own hair out so as to cover the tracks. Weaves may be acquired in any of the earlier on kinds of hair.
This technique has numerous benefits. The client could enable her hair to rest. By avoiding the undo stresses of blow drying, chemicals and also relaxers, her own tresses can easily grow in healthy plus strong. It can be however imperative to care for your scalp and underlying braids by regularly washing and conditioning. Likewise, it is essential that the cornrow is not too tight, nor should the sewn-in hair be too heavy for this will cause hair loss or traction alopecia.
Although this is the most popular method of attachment for Afro hair textures, this technique is now very popular for European hair types. It allows the hair to rest and recover from previous damage. It is also the best method for clients with severe alopecia or recovering from chemotherapy; as you can literally braid over bald spots!
Weave Maintenance and Care Advice
Hair weaves are generally require a bit of maintenance. You should look after your hair extensions to maintain the look and feel it had at the start.
- (1) Make sure to get the very best quality of hair that you can afford. Pick those that will withstand frequent washing and also styling.
- (2) Comb your hair regularly by using a wide tooth comb. This will prevent the weave from tangling.
- (3) Wash the hair using warm water and a mild sulfate free shampoo. Running water like shower is ideal and be sure it reaches your scalp.
- (4) When you are applying shampoo, be sure to massage your scalp and also the tracks of the weave.
- (5) Be cautious about the products that you apply in your hair. Do not apply products that contain alcohol, mineral oils and some other harsh chemicals as they will degrades the quality of your weave.
- (6) Do not overdo the use of hair products. This also damages the weaves and lessens its shiny look.